- Save time, find information fast
- Keep your PC organized
- Organize your backup CDROMs and files on your removable devices
Who would benefit from purchasing FileHawk? The answer is anyone who has
numerous files in their computer and/or
. Click here to see examples.
Distinct Features from our Competitors
- Save your personal search criteria in active folders
- Active folders keep your results from your search criteria up-to-date, they are modified as your documents change
- Save links temporarily or permanently to specific files for easy retrieval with the Fixed Selection Folders
- Use the fixed selection folders to: list the most frequently used files; manage work flow by listing files to be worked on; organized a meeting and want to have certain files easily accessible; list your favorite songs or podcasts; shortcut to files that have long paths and much more.
- Allows you to index hundreds of
, using standard "iFilter" technology. Click here for a complete list of file types
- No spyware nor adware that invade your privacy
- Lets you perform sub-second file searches by their contents in your PC, removable devices and network in a user-friendly environment
- Indexes files on many
and will locate your file by their contents even if the device is not inserted in the computer
- Devices such as CDs, DVDs, flash memory cards, diskettes, portable flash memory drives, USB drives, MP3 players, photodisks, media drives, only to name a few, can be indexed by FileHawk
- Catalog and label your removable devices, have ability to view, export and manage the catalog easily
- From the results screen, many file-oriented functions are available, for example copy and paste files into a Windows Explorer screen
- Rapid indexing and uses more efficient space on the hard drive
- Index and search in three languages: English, French and Spanish
- Easy to use, intuitive and no training required
- Indexes file information such as file name of the document for non-text contents (i.e. images, videos, etc.). For example, if you download a program and are unable to find it, FileHawk will find the path for you
- Uses your computer resources intelligently when indexing documents, will not interrupt your work while you are using other software
- Number of documents indexed are only limited by your computer's resources
- Scheduled updating and indexing
- Advanced fault tolerance and recovery architecture to ensure index integrity
- Allows you to find recent web searches (in the temporary files)
- Supports exact phrase, any word, without these words, file date and file size searches
- Enables you to search anytime
- Similar word search: searches for similar word using fuzzy logic
- Lets you search your e-mail attachments in Outlook and Eudora
- From the results window, let's you preview the file and can shortcut to the application capable of opening it
- Preview/listen to video and music files directly from the results screen without opening the file
- Displays document previews which include the words or phrases you are looking for
- Offers many ways to sort the results
- Gives you the option to open the file or the folder
- Displays and filters matching results as you type
- Highlights search keywords in a different color for easy previewing
- Offers customizable settings to configure various features and parameters
- Uses "iFilter" technology allowing third-party developers to create plug-ins that enable new file type indexing
- Able to launch system from windows taskbar
- Optional program launch at start-up
- Fully integrated with Window's security for file access permission.
Examples of Different Uses:
Back To Top
Any computer owner:
This product is really for anyone who needs to put some order in their home desk or office. When you get started on the computer, just open FileHawk and type the keyword of the file you need and instantly you will have found what you are looking for. Never be bothered by trying to remember where the file is located. No more effort is required to figure out the best way to save a file.
If you are working on a research paper, gathered tons of information and have no idea how to go about searching through it, FileHawk will quickly help you find the relevant information you need and can save the search for easy recovery. Did you download research documents and do not know where they are on your desktop? Filehawk can find it instantly.
If you have hundreds of letters, e-mail attachments and memos and need a way to reference back to them easily, FileHawk will find them and even organize them for you.
Do you have dozens of compilation CD/DVDs or albums with hundreds of songs in addition to the music on your desktop? FileHawk will help you find all of the files you need to produce the best event.
If you love to travel, you have hundreds of pictures that are stored on CD/DVDs. By simply naming some of your files when indexing, FileHawk will be able to pinpoint exactly where you stored your pictures. No more wasted time searching through dozens of CD/DVDs!